Call us now ! Send us an email S Washington Ave Lansing United States

Back to Top

Call Us Today!
(517) 372-3919
Call Us Today!
(517) 372-3919


Q. Can I just use the internet and file on my own?

A: As you begin this process, you must be very careful of the information you accept to be true regarding your family based applications. During a recent search on the internet of so called "immigration help sites", we discovered that some of the information contained on those sites was so outdated that your application would not even be considered. Some information on these websites had not been updated since 1992. With the everchanging systems and processes at USCIS, the state Department's advice from someone that just recently received their permanent resident status may not be accurate. You might imagine that the self-filing method is right for you, but you should strongly consider whether you are willing take that "wait and see" risk to find out if your submission was processed correctly, and if you will be reunited with your loved one anytime soon. Also, an attempt to save a few dollars may very well cost far more in the long run. Bringing families together is our life’s work and we do it every day. We are always saddened when people come into our office as a last attempt to obtain immigration status, having already spent hundreds, sometimes thousands, of dollars in their failed efforts to file on their own. Unfortunately, there are not refunds allowed with USCIS. When you hire our office to take you through your immigration process, you retain the security of knowing that you have an ally in preventing all things that can, and sometimes do, go wrong in these cases. We know that one small and simple mistake could make the difference between your immigration request being approved, or denied.
Q: How long will it take to get my Fiancée K-1, Spouse or K-3 Visa?

A: Visas vary depending on where you live and is dictated by which service center you will need to file with. The wait time can be a few months to one year. Although we cannot guarantee a specific timeframe, we will make every effort to insure that your packet is submitted correctly the first time to avoid any setbacks that can cost valuable time.
Q: How do your prices compare to other Attorney Services?

A: Our intial consulatation is always free and our prices are the most competitive prices for immigration law attorneys in our area. We charge what we believe to be fair and reasonable prices for the professional, competent, and experienced representation that you will receive when you use our services.

Q: I have document problems, can you help?

A: This is not a problem, as long as you let us know in advance. We can usually assist you in obtaining all documents that we will need to submit your filing.

Q: What if I am not ready to start the process at this time?

A: We offer free consultations and we are happy to discuss your immigration matter now and advise you on the best way to prepare for your filing, and then we will be here for you when you are ready to begin the process.

Q: Do I have to marry my fiancée once they come to the United States, may I bring multiple fiancées to the United States, or may I bring the same fiancée to the United States multiple times?

A: No. You are not required to marry your fiancé once they come to the United States. A fiancé Visa grants permission to marry should you so desire. If you decide not to marry your fiancé, the only requirement is that they must leave the U.S. before the Visa expires. However, if you plan to remain together, you must marry within (90) days of their arrival so you can avoid issues with adjusting their status as your spouse.
There is not a limit to the amount of Fiance Visas that you can file, but the filing fee must be paid each time. There is also no limit to the number of times you can file for the same fiance. You are permitted to receive multiple fiancé Visa's (until you decide to get married), and you are also permitted to bring the same fiancé to the United States multiple times.

Q: What is an Affidavit of Support?

A: U.S. citizens and permanent residents (sponsors) who apply for family members to get permanent residence in the U.S. must provide an affidavit of support along with their Petition. The affidavit of support is an enforceable contract in which the person who signs the affidavit promises to be financially responsible for the immigrant until he or she becomes a U.S. citizen, or until he or she can be credited with 40-quarter years of work (usually this is about 10 years). The sponsor who signs this contract must show that he or she has income or assets that place them at or above 125 percent of the federal poverty guidelines for their household size. We will be happy to provide you with the most updated guidelines for this form and explain your responsibilities upon your submitting the form.
Contact Information
Law Office of Brian T. Richards
1005 S Washington Ave
Lansing, MI 48910

Phone: 517-372-3919
Fax: 517-485-3742